Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sick and Tired

It's been a while since I last posted an entry. I've been sick with the flu for the last two weeks. Dreadful. I haven't been this sick in a few years, so I guess it was my turn in the flu lottery ... what a winner. I'm just getting over the whole thing now, after having had fever, congestion, aches & pains, and finally that awful cough. I've coughed after being sick all my life. I think it started when I was about 5 or 6. I had a bronchial type of cough, the horrendous kind that makes you sound like you're hacking up a lung when you get a bad bout. I remember my dad waking me up in the middle of the night to place a cold, wet handkerchief around my neck. Home remedy, I guess. I think it seemed to work, but who knows? I don't wear one now. Now I try and medicate myself into oblivion when I cough. Codeine-laced cough syrup doesn't seem to do it for me anymore, though. *sigh* That's too bad. I didn't have a decent night's sleep for over two weeks this time, due to that damn cough. I even spent a few nights asleep in the recliner, so that I wasn't laying flat. Laying flat just exacerbates the coughing problem. I know .. boo hoo, poor me. Well, when you're sick you really only want to lay in your own bed, but that wasn't meant to be. Now I am back in my own bed and it's like a little slice of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment